Friday, March 18, 2016

My Next Toy Will Have a Barf Bag, Or: I’m Going to Buy a Plane

Aaron Robinson

-

I’ve been upside down in a car once, which was enough. I’ve been upside down five or six times in an airplane, all in the past two weeks. At the top of my first ever loop-the-loop, I gazed up to see the yawning blue expanse of the Pacific Ocean 4000 feet over my head and a single boat making a pleasant little wake across it as my throat repeatedly snapped closed like a Nikon shutter. On the pullout, my stomach went up in a mushroom cloud and the remains slid down into my left leg. We ­barrel-rolled, buzzed fishing boats, and skimmed low enough to smell the brine, passing under the cliffs of Catalina Island and weaving in and out of its bays. Two months after back surgery, I had asked the doc if it was okay to fly. I’m pretty sure he was picturing seat 14A with snacks, but oh well. READ MORE ››

-
from Car and Driver Blog http://www.caranddriver.com/columns/my-next-toy-will-have-a-barf-bag-column

No comments:

Post a Comment